Monday, March 16, 2009

We went to the doctor for Millie's 6th month check-up, she is weighing in at 14lbs and 14 oz and is 25 3/4 inches long. Right now long and lean but the way she has been eating she may end up being a hoss. We started her on for real solids last week and she is lovin her some apples, sweet potatoes, and recently squash.(Don't worry her food is all organic, my baby don't eat no pesticides.) Today we fed her squash in the morning and at night and after her 6 oz bottle before bed she demanded 3 more oz, if this keeps up she will look like this...
This weekend we will attempt to make our first batch of baby food with our newly acquired food mill. We make a big batch of food then put it in ice cube trays and freeze it for later which is so much cheaper in the long run. I am scared however of when we get to making more complicated meals such as Umm gross I am not "making" baby food ham, the color of that stuff looks ill na na I can't imagine grinding ham up into a smooth consistency. Millie is also getting some more hair which is exciting for me since I was bald until age 3 and do not wish that fate upon my child. It is coming in on the sides which may pose a problem when she looks like an 80-year-old man with just hair on the sides. Girl best like hats.

No comments: